Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Serenity

Serenity-The absence of mental stress and anxiety. The ability to relieve the body of worries, troubles, and to just feel. To for a moment get in touch with our inner self and soul. It's simply peace. How can one attain this desirable feeling?

This is a question I do not know the answer to. But, I do know what brings serenity into my life. C'est Musique! It's music. To me music is a mysterious thing. It is something that can not be seen. It is a feeling that is indescribable. One cannot explain the elation that comes from listening to music in the times it touches something deeper within you. My whole life I have grown up in music. Luckily, I come from family that has music in their blood. As a little girl, it was my dream to play the violin. As I begged to learn, and finally got my way, I experienced the way music made me feel. My love of music has taken me on many journeys from Seattle, San Francisco, LA, and even to New York. Not only have I experienced physical journeys, but every time I engage myself in music, I am emotionally fulfilled.

From my love of violin, my interest has led me to playing in many orchestras, the piano, guitar, viola, and teaching music. I have found much pleasure while attending college by getting a minor in music. BUT it's not just the classical that gets me. It's any music. I am obsessed. I have music on everywhere I go. I will literally listen to any genre as long as I enjoy the band. If only my voice sounded good....then people wouldn't mind my boisterous singing all the time!


But as to serenity-music is what puts me in this ease and carefree state of mind. I spend countless hours at the piano or guitar when life sucks, or I just need to think. I have yet to find something else that can heal me and help me feel at peace after only an hour.



2 comments:

  1. Yay a post! Beautifully written Mand :) You sure are one talented musician!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, how i freaking love you!

    ReplyDelete