Friday, March 5, 2010

The New Kite Boarding..Yea Baby

Most of you woke this morning March 5, and felt mixed emotions of anger, sadness, and bitterness when realizing the skies had dumped fair amounts of snow, hence, erasing any signs of Spring that began to shine only yesterday morning.

I just smiled.

To me, snow brings happiness. Yes it is cold, but there are many things that I absolutely adore about it.

One being snowboarding.

Some of you may have heard about the a new sport called "Kite Boarding". It looks a little something like this:


Yes I would classify this as an extreme sport. I am sure it is thrilling. I am jealous. Wish I could try. But, for those not so extreme and lack such resources, compensation for this sport can be made.

And it looks something like this:




Hahaha. With some planning, we highly anticipated this moment. Only resource needed: a dollar ninja kite from Wal mart. Unfortunately, when we tried to board and fly the kite with the actual string, it resulted in diving to the ground each time. We still found a way. But still... I believe I turned many heads, and heard many pleasant and unpleasant remarks as I went down this run.

Regardless, it didn't matter. We had fun.



The White Ninja.And if only you could see up close, you would see my face of pure excitement.

Best part is.....Round 2 begins today:)

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Makes me laugh every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandie, That is so dang fun. I seriously miss playing with you. You always do way fun crazy things

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA!! mandie! i love it! your so freaking cute, and thats such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete