Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The beautiful Wales!!!

So for all ya'll who don't think much of Wales, you are exactly how I was before going there. But having been there simply a day and a half, I have decided it is the most beautiful place I have seen by far. The pictures don't do it justice. After leaving Ireland on a ferry, we arrived in Wales and hit up many sites in the short time we had!
This picture is almost impossible to read, but that freakin long name...is the name of this town. Don't worry,  the first thing our bus driver did when he picked us up was put on a cd that taught us how to say the name of this town. 
After seeing many castles, I thought for sure I would be sick of them. But the Welsh castles were amazing in many ways... First, the scenery was gorgeous. The style of the town was old and royal. There were bays with many sail boats, and the ocean was near by also. Sadly, I can't remember the name of this castle, but many crazy things happened here. Keep reading to find out!
Just one view from the castle..
a picture showing a little bit of the town...
here I am in a national park called Snowden. It was absolutely stunning. We stopped to take pictures and this picture represents how i felt.. literally you felt unstoppable here! I pretty much just wanted to fly away here..and this was the closest i could get. 
this was all you could see for many miles.. add in waterfalls everywhere.. and sheep. 
Here we are in the city our hostel was at. It was a city that was built inside the castle walls... which are pretty massive. In this picture we climbed the castle that had a road going under it. We got yelled at by young Welsh boys that "this was dangerous"... you wuld think we could figure that out. This city was amazing!
the pier that was just down the street from our hostel.. 
Me trying not to fall..
View from the castle tower up on the hill... unreal eh?

the next day we traveled to some church history sites. This is the pond where Wilford Woodruff baptized around 300 saints in the Wales/England area. It was in the backyard of some farm, but the church owns this property. 
Here is Kenzie and I on the top of the highest "mountain" in Wales. Well it felt like it anyways. ONce again, I don't think anything could ever beat this moment... this is the hill where Brigham Young recieved revelation that he should publish the Book of Mormon in England..and I don't blame him after lookin out on all that country.. how could you not. p.s.... it was so windy you could pratically lay back and the wind would hold you up. It was crazy!
view from the hill...
WINDY!!!!... crazy hair on top of mountain
here is the oldest standing LDS chapel in the world. In order to get in you had to answer some basic Mormon questions. Ex: How old do you have to be to be baptized? it was funny. From here we travelled about 3 and a half hours to London..... where we could finally move out our stuff and settle in. 
When we arrived.. we literally were FREAKING out. We were in London..... that's all I have to say..!! 

Highlights of Wales:

The first castle we went to, was pretty high up. We were looking through the windows where they would shoot bow and arrows. One was old and wider than the others. I decided to stick my body out as much as I could..being about 30-40 feet up... as I came back in, my shoe fell off into the mote below that was a non tourist place to go, and was guarded by the castle walls. I freaked out a bit because I though I was going to be shoeless for the next 2 days. Fortunately, my friend Tiare was able to hop the fence and get it. In the mean time I walked around the castle in my bright pink sock getting many weird stares.

Tiare and I were able to help a man up the hill that wasn't able to make it. It was a long story, but a really growing experience. 

The hostel we stayed in that night was the best by far. It was in an awesome location. (castle city!) and we each had our own outlet plugs. we loved it.

Wales was simply stunning... I would go back in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment