Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yes.... I am in London!!!

So London is a pretty sweet place. That about sums it up. There is MUCH to do, and people from all over the world. Literally. There are a million of Indians here.. suprise suprise. They are like our Mexicans in America. Anyways, after getting to London, we kinda hit reality again and realized we had to study. So the first few days were spent catching up on homework, which consists of visiting various sites in London. (hard school isn't it?) One night... we sat in our flats having done homework all day.....
and me being in one of my weird Mandie moods... really needed to get out!! Me and my friend Kenzie literally went crazy. We bought scarves and are pretty sure these are the sweetest ways to wear them.... after a while, we heard of a rumor, that it was Big Ben's 150 B-day party that very night... It took much effort, but finally we pulled our friends out of the apartment. 

When we got off the tube, I finally got to see London as we all think of it... This is WestMinisters Abby... huge church where kings and queens are buried, and where current kings and queens are crowned..
House of Parliament... Big Benny!!! Happy birthday little guy
Isn't he a beauty?



It was pouring rain, but we didn't care! Come to find out, the "huge celebration" for his b-day was displaying a Happy BIrthday on the building. Pretty exciting... we were looking for a huge party but alas there was none to be found. We did enjoy talking to the hot dog man though! and just being in London..
This is our freakin out picture... Basically, every time we get really excited about something, we have our own signs.. me, i freak out by making noises with my armpit. Real original.
What a perfect picture...The good ol London eye... with me! and the purple building in the background. Gotta love purple.  One of my traditions on this trip is everytime I am completely content with the moment, I try and record a little montage of it. Otherwise known as "mandie's Montage" (thanks to my friend Sara). Here we are documenting Ben's birthday! 

London is amazing. That is all i have to say. Despite the rain, I was dazzled.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment