Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Only 2 days in Ireland... so much to tell!


After spending a whole day and night on a plane, I can say I was pretty grateful to get out of the airport. The plane ride was quite eventful because I took a sleeping pill and did not remember all the things the grandmas next to me were telling me I seemed to say. Regardless, I slept better than most. 

And let me just say...Ireland... is better than i imagined. It is B-E-A-Utiful! It is everything you think it would be... green farmland everywhere, sheep, cows, and little cottages. It's not just the physical atmosphere that makes beautiful, but it's the people here and what they live for. They absolutely love to drink here, and are proud of it. They are very warm and welcoming people who want to know about you and your life. The best was when an old Irish man stopped me and my friends for takin pictures with his flowers, and talked to us for at least 10 minutes. The people here really value family and are dang proud of their heritage. So basically, I love Ireland because life here is peaceful and not rushed... and you feel simple and content!! ...........Can't wait till I'm old and can retire cuz I might just find myself back here frolicking with the sheep and leprachauns!

2 comments:

  1. ahh you are so lucky! be safe out there! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you are in Europe! heavens! love you mand, good call on the blog, i'll follow along faithfully i swear. careful with those leprachauns, i hear they are feisty!

    ReplyDelete